RCC is a free consultation service provided by experienced epidemiologists statisticians, and research officers from CRC to assist MOH investigators/researchers in their clinical research. RCC usually entertain the following requests:
- Grant application
- Proposal development
- Protocol development
- Sample size planning
- Research design
- Statistical Analysis Plan
- Data management/Data Cleaning
- Interpretation and output presentation
- Statistical writing
The RCC services are currently provide at the following sites;
- Clinical Research Centre, Kuala Lumpur Hospital. Clinical Epidemiology Unit, 1stfloor, MMA House Jalan Pahang, 53 000 Kuala Lumpur.
- Clinical Research Centre, Selayang Hospital. (Only for in-house MOH clinicians from Selayang Hospital)
- Clinical Research Centre, Hospital Tunku Ampuan Rahimah (HTAR), Kelang. (Only for in-house MOH clinicians from HTAR)
- Clinical Research Centre, Hospital Tuanku Jaafar (HTJ), Seremban. (Only for in-house MOH clinicians from HTJ)
To request for RCC service at CRC HKL, contact Biostatistic Unit at 03-40443060/70 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact respective CRC hospital for RCC service provided at other hospital CRC
The application will go through several steps as below:
If the request is made via phone, our officer will ask for client’s personal details and will inform the tentative date and time for the appointment according to the above timeline. If the request is made via email, information such as full name, designation, organization, title of the study and type of consultation are needed and we will reply to clients within one week to inform date and time of the appointment
We need clients to provide several documents before attending the RCC. They are:
- A brief proposal comprising of introduction, objectives and methods of the study
- Problem or issues related to the study that needs consultation service.
- Related literature
- Manuscript if relevant
Apart from that, we encourage clients to bring their own laptop so that we can give them a “hands on” session at the same time.