The Clinical Research Centre Hospital Pulau Pinang was established in 2001 and has been operational since 2003 with the aim to promote, support and conduct clinical research. The establishment of the CRC in Penang as part of the network of CRCs, is in line with the Ministry of Health emphasis on clinical research as a means to resolve a variety of health-related problems.
In its effort to build a pool of experts in clinical reasearch, the CRC in Hospital Pulau Pinang also provides guidance and resources in preparation of study protocols, documentations, and training in conduct, presentation, publication, and ethical clinical research. Working in collaboration with CRC in Kuala Lumpur Hospital, CRC in Penang undertake research, and provide research-related services, CME (continuing medical education) and training courses including research methodology, biostatics and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) workshops.
Clinical Research Centre will provide service for clinicians working in the Ministry of Health Penang Hospital. The centre will support clinicians and others interested in research to plan and conduct their clinical research.
|Who can request this service?
* Health Managers
* ll others interested in research
|What kind of services/ help are available?
* Clinical research planning and coordination
* Proposal / Protocol development process
– Review past and current Literature relevant to the trial
– Study design and methodology
– Draft protocol concept sheet
– Conduct protocol design meeting
– Prepare a draft protocol, sample Patient information sheet and informed consent form
– Conduct protocol review meeting
– Revise and finalize the protocol
* Statistical analysis
* Case report form drafting
|24-26 April|||||Good Clinical Practice (GCP)|
|August|||||Introduction to Clinical Research|
|Dr Yoon Chee Kin
E-mail: : email@example.com
Sister Zarina Bt Che Umar
CRC Hospital Pulau Pinang
10450 Pulau Pinang
Tel: 04-2225767 / 2225762 / 2225766 / 2225586