Clinical Research Centre, Hospital Queen Elizabeth II (CRC HQEII) also known as CRC Sabah Heart Centre, was established as part of the Network of Clinical Research Centres of the Ministry of Health (MOH) in 2011. It has been operational since December 2011, headed by Dr Liew Houng Bang with the aim to promote, support and conduct quality and ethical clinical research to improve patients’ outcome in HQEII. CRC HQEII undertakes clinical research, and provides research-related administrative services and training courses including research methodology, medical biostatistics and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) workshops.
Function/role as a network CRC :
- To be a centre of information research referral in Hospital Queen Elizabeth II
- To promote and support Clinical Registry / Database in Malaysia
- To provide research consultancy services such as research proposal and medical statistics
- To be the local NMRR secretariat and ensure registration of clinical research in the National Medical Research Register (NMRR)
- To provide internet services and international fax for usage in Clinical Trial and Registry / Database
- To receive and arrange visitors from Pharmaceutical Company, research sponsor and Contract Research Organisation (CRO)
- To provide site management services for research project
- To provide staff as Clinical Research Coordinator in Clinical Trial
- To assist initiate Clinical Trial Research
To equip medical staff in HQE II with skills in conducting quality and ethical clinical research
To promote, support and conduct quality and ethical clinical research and training in research in HQE II.
- To promote a culture of research among health care workers in Sabah
- To disseminate skills in Methodology, Statistical tools, and techniques in designing and conducting clinical trials.
- To provide health care workers the principles of methodology and biostatistic in clinical research
Deputy Head :
Liau Siow Yen
Dr Narwani Hussin
Bill Tony Kunis
Ruzili Patricia Totu
Kui Lee Li