The Clinical Research Centre Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah Kuala Terengganu (CRC HSNZ) was established in 2006 with the aim to encourage research at the hospital level and within the level of National Clinical Research Centres. Such activities are in line with the objectives of the Ministry of Health Malaysia with the purpose of generating research projects of quality. The Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahariah Committee became effective in July 2006 while the office of CRC HSNZ began operating in December 2006. CRC HSNZ will provide support to all clinical research projects carried out in Terengganu. Its main function is to establish a conducive environment to enable quality and ethical clinical research projects to be carried out to completion and to improve patient outcome in Terengganu.
To be a leading clinical research organization in the region.
We are committed to:
- Oversight all research activities and training at the Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah and Terengganu
- Coordinate the registration of research activities in the hospital via the online National Medical Research Registry (NMRR)
- Provide support to staff who wants to conduct clinical research
- Conduct ethical and quality clinical research which aims to improve patient health outcomes
- Organize ongoing training for staff who are interested in research
- To coordinate registration of research proposal to be conducted in the hospital, or by hospital staff via the online National Medical Research Registry (NMRR)
- To review research proposals to be conducted at Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah (HSNZ), either by own hospital staff or investigators from other institutions or advise investigators for research require MOH Medical Research Ethical Committee (MREC) review and approval
- To coordinate clinical trials and ensure investigators have necessary ethical approval and are compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and relevant standards required by Joint Commission International
- To assist hospital staff in the conduct of research
- To collaborate with National CRC and the MOH network of CRC
- To conduct training in relation to research